Electric Power Steering for your classic Datsun Z is here!
For years, owners of early Z-cars have struggled with the lack of power steering options for the classic Datsun 240Z / 260Z / 280Z. Those of us with lowered suspension, wide tires, or engine swaps know that the Z can be a challenge to maneuver at low speeds.
Our solution offers smooth, responsive steering feel, none of the shudder or intermittent pulsing that you get from an old hydraulic system, zero drag on your engine, no hydraulic lines or fluid to deal with, and a clean, uncluttered engine bay?
Can you imagine parallel parking your Z with one finger?
ZPS has the most affordable, practical, reliable and unobtrusive steering upgrade for the Datsun Z, and it can be installed by the average owner.
Benefits for your Z-car:
- No Major Modifications to your Z: Everything is located under the dash and is almost completely invisible. That’s a definite plus, considering our early Z’s are really climbing in value. This system retains the original steering ratio, as designed by Datsun – and the system can be completely removed without a trace.
- Simplicity of Installation: The Zpowersteering system can be installed in your Z in a few hours, using common tools.
- Reliability: Designed to last – Silent, maintenance-free, and can’t leak! The Zpowersteering system uses the same reliable mechanism used by major auto manufacturers, and our team has been outfitting other classic cars for years.
- Compatibility: The 45-amp electric motor will function fine with a standard Z alternator in good health – although, if you haven’t already done it, we highly recommend all early Z owners upgrade to a more modern alternator solution: Datsun 240Z / 260Z alternator upgrade.
- Adjustability: It’s as simple as turning a dial – set it and forget it. The Zpowersteering computer senses steering input torque, so that it’s not over-boosting your steering effort.
- Affordability: The Zpowersteering system is THE most affordable way to add power steering to your Z.
- Quick turnaround: We know you don’t want to wait. Simply install the power steering system, place your old column in the box, and ship it back to us. We’ll even cover the shipping!
- Safety: “What happens if the electric motor fails?” If the electric power steering system ever failed (highly unlikely), the car would steer exactly like it did prior to the power steering conversion. HOWEVER, when a hydraulic power steering system fails, the steering instantly becomes extremely heavy, and potentially dangerous.
Read the installation article, view the testimonials, and check out the photos… Then give your Z the steering upgrade it deserves.
Questions? Contact us at [email protected]